Airstream Interstate Touring Vans
"I came into Holiday World looking to buy a 'travel van'. I left with a luxurious touring RV!"Kurt Martin
The Airstream Interstate Touring Coach is the perfect combination of safety, systems and support. Look berond the sumptuous interior and the superb exterior, you’ll find first-class engineering and a distinct technological advantage that delivers the most highly advanced, state-of-the-art systems for Class B vans on the road today.
We were going on a road-trip for a week and I decided to "rent" the Airstream Interstate Touring Coach before I made my purchase. I was amazed at how the Interstate handled. Better still, the Interstate got astounding gas mileage! We loaded up with myself, my wife, my 14-year old son our dog (a 11-pound Lhasa-Poo named Stanley), and enough items for a six-day road trip (including 24 gallons of fresh water, 25 gallons of grey water, and 14 gallons of gasonline), the Interstate averaged 18.9 mpg over 792 miles. Not bad at all and, as Airstream points out, 30 percent better than a similarly sized and equipped gasoline-powered touring coaches.
Aside from head-scratchingly good fuel economy, another surprisingly good characteristic of the Interstate travel van is its amazing maneuverability. From freeways to dirt roads to cramped parking lots, the Airstream was simple and easy to finesse into place. Forget the Olive Garden, you could effortlessly take the Interstate through any fast food joint's drive-thru if it had 10' of clearance (with the A/C unit in place, she stands 9 feet, 8 inches tall). This isn't too surprising as the most striking physical feature of the Airstream Interstate is its width, specifically the lack thereof. You won't notice at first glance, but poke your head down around the rear of the vehicle and you'll see that this mini RV is in fact a dually. Only unlike our heavily extroverted American duallys, the wheels fit within the body.
Another impressive attribute was how Airstream saw fit to include everything, including the "kitchen sink". Running it all down, you get seating for 6, sleeping for up to 4, a restroom with a shower, a full kitchen with a microwave, and a 19-inch flat-screen TV. Literally all the comforts of home. The 13,500-BTU air-conditioning unit running off the liquefied propane generator had no trouble keeping us all cool, even cold in one of the hottest Summers on record. The extendable awning provided excellent and ample shade for us when we chose to sit outside.
Airstream Interstate Onyx Touring Van
Airstream Interstate EXT RVs
Airstream Interstate Onyx Class B Van
Airstream Interstate EXT Armless Awning
Airstream Interstate Touring Van
Based on 61 customer ratings
The Interstate Travel Van comes in two distinct configurations:
- The Twin Series is designed for 2-3 people and places a premium on fixed sleeping quarters, extra storage, great social space and a large galley area.
- The Lounge Series is designed with a tremendous amount of flexibility for carrying 6-8 people and has great social spaces, storage solutions and sleeping accommodations.
But Airstream's "Pursuit of Perfection" doesn't stop there. The Airstream Interstate Luxury Touring Coach also provides:
- The Mercedes-Benz® Sprinter 3500 chassis is built to Airstream’s unique specifications and is powered by a 3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel with BlueTEC SCR technology that delivers an impressive 18+ MPG and has a heavy duty towing capacity of up to 6,400 pounds!
- Advanced Safety Systems are integrated throughout the Interstate. These include the Mercedes-Benz Adaptive ESP® (Electronic Stability Program), driver and passenger air bags, three-point seat belts with tensioners for all captain’s chairs, hands free phone conversations, navigation assistance, rear view camera monitor, first aid kit, LP gas detector, smoke and CO2 alarm and fire extinguisher.
- Other systems and support include Maintenance System – Mercedes-Benz Active Service System (ASSYST). Navigation System – World Leading GPS NAV System. Electrical System – with EMS (Energy Management System). Plumbing System – with macerator waste pump, fresh and grey heated tanks. Construction System – highly advanced 7 layer composite flooring system that’s 1.5" thick, high gloss curved laminated cabinetry with premium hardware, Ultraleather® seating, Corian® countertops, and signature aluminum ceilings. Entertainment System – in-dash and in-cabin multi-media. Support System – 24/7 roadside assistance with Coach-Net.
Come and see why Holiday World RV Supercenters is the premier Airstream Dealer in Houston!
Holiday World RV Supercenters - A World of Difference!™